- RSS Channel Showcase 9756368
- RSS Channel Showcase 2543362
- RSS Channel Showcase 5268950
- RSS Channel Showcase 4450691
Articles on this Page
- 02/01/13--00:50: _Re: Save Retro Racing!
- 03/28/13--03:06: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 04/01/13--07:01: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 05/05/13--07:53: _Re: Where did Retro...
- 05/05/13--08:33: _Re: Where did Retro...
- 07/06/13--05:08: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 07/10/13--03:34: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 07/10/13--06:13: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 07/11/13--01:32: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 07/18/13--00:28: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 07/22/13--02:59: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 07/27/13--15:56: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 07/30/13--05:51: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 07/30/13--10:02: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 08/22/13--02:56: _Re: Qwak for iPad c...
- 08/25/13--14:02: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 08/25/13--22:19: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 08/26/13--07:13: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 08/26/13--07:38: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 09/07/13--23:10: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 02/01/13--00:50: Re: Save Retro Racing!
- 03/28/13--03:06: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 04/01/13--07:01: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 05/05/13--07:53: Re: Where did Retro Racing go?
- 05/05/13--08:33: Re: Where did Retro Racing go?
- 07/06/13--05:08: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 07/10/13--03:34: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
- 07/10/13--06:13: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
- 07/11/13--01:32: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
- 07/18/13--00:28: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
- 07/22/13--02:59: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 07/27/13--15:56: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
- 07/30/13--05:51: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
- 07/30/13--10:02: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
- 08/22/13--02:56: Re: Qwak for iPad coming soon
- 08/25/13--14:02: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 08/25/13--22:19: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 08/26/13--07:13: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 08/26/13--07:38: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 09/07/13--23:10: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
This Is a great game, it is addictive. The game reminds me of an amiga game "supercars"
Looks great! Amiga 4ever
Hi - I want this on Steam! Put it there and I'll buy it! (try Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/gree...
Amazing game! Great quailty programing, easy, simple and straight to the point gold old fashion entertainment! Love, love, love the game. I hope once it makes it back on the market that you program many many more tracks. I would buy this game again in a heartbeat and recommend it to a million others. Please keep us updated! Vroooooom, screeeech NITRO!!!!!!
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it! This post is about a year old now, and the game was re-instated ages ago. More racing game goodness coming soon though!..
Love this! Thanks for bringing it to the Mac, and even more thanks for adding controller support! Plugged in my PS2-to-USB adapter, and away we go! :)
Congrats! How hard was it to port for the OUYA? What more do you need to managed than normal android devices? Joypad & what else? Thanks
Hey JC! Thanks. Yeah, it's basically like targeting a regular Android device, but the screen is landscape, and you need to use their library to access the OUYA IAP stuff, and also joypads. Works with 360 pads though, which are great. Also, you need to be able to navigate around the UI using a joypad. Other than that, pretty straight forward.
Cool, I hope you'll make your investment back. Not sure this is a big $ making device. Hopefully, you'll be able to tell us :)
I have an Ouya, and I've just bought the game. Really playable :)
Congrats, that's great! Are you planning on Gamestick too (as it it essentially it should just be a trivial port)?
I purchased Retro Racing today! Fun little game, please bring QWRK to OUYA, it would be great.
Only game I found worthy of purchasing on OUYA, yet. My family has been having a blast racing each other. What I'd love to see, rather than mid race power ups, is the ability to customize a car... collect coins mid race to purchase upgrades, etc. A track editor and online racing would make this game timeless.
Thank you for your efforts!
Thank you for your kind words! Yes, these are all good ideas, and hopefully will make it in to a sequel (along with a 4 player mode).
Qwak on OUYA please!!! I see you`re considering it. I`d LOVE to buy that for my console! Congrats on some good sales. I wish you the best!
Just bought it but when i open it it doesn't respond and after abut 10 minutes of waiting it finally just pops open. Any ideas on why it doesn't open right away?
Hello, can you send me an Email about this please, and we'll sort it out for you. Thanks.
Loved Nitro, it was my first Amiga game (together with some others). The graphics were amazing, and in some way very deeply inspiring - they reminded me of some moment in my past that I may or may not have experienced, like a memory from 'beyond', when life was perfect. I also loved the playability, and it really expressed what the Amiga could do - funwise, that is. I still like to play it from time to time.
However, my financial status is such that I have been considering whether I can afford to order a certain DVD into my local library so I can rent it, or not, because it will cost 50 cents. I would be glad to support the author, but I don't even have a paypal account. I have made a small 'avoiding' type game, though it's not completely finished yet (but the main playability is, it can be completed and all).
My humble game is of course not worth even nearly as much as something like Retro Racing must be, but perhaps I could pay with my creations.. ah, never mind, I don't really want to use creations as a current anyway. Besides, I give away free anything I create, because the Universe has given me the ability, resources, energy, shelter, food, and everything else necessary to even make creations.. it is only fair that I give any results of that generosity back to the Universe, for everyone to enjoy.
Oh well, off to check out the demo, then .. I really wish poor people would be offered games for free.
Is the game really supposed to be so fast that it's practically unplayable? I think there's something wrong - the other cars zoom so fast that it takes them like 0.2 seconds to loop the track - they loop it about three or four times a second!
Would really have liked to play this game, but it's just completely uncontrollable, being so ultra-fast. Is there a way to slow it down? I could of course run it in VMWare or something..
Also, it doesn't let me choose 1920x1080, the resolutions stop at 1770 or something for some reason.
A minor gripe; the game doesn't have hand-pixelled graphics, so how can it be called 'retro'? I mean, completely computer-generated graphics are a very modern invention in games. Nitro had more atmospheric graphics, and more pleasing to the eye. These cold computer-graphics sort of leave me.. well.. cold. There's no personality. They look like automated cartoons instead of something that the graphician poured their finest self into!
I know coders who worship the possibility of letting the computer do the visuals, but to me, such graphics are disgusting, and I can't completely understand their enthusiasm about it. Why anyone would make such a choice is beyond me. Ok, practical reasons, like 'scalability', perhaps. But worshipping the modern things while claiming to be all 'retro' is kind of misleading and dishonest. Even this web page is as modern as possible, like it's trying to show off something, just making it slower and more a pain to use than it otherwise would be (I don't use very modern browsers). Even typing this text is slow and tedious, but I am not sure what causes it to slow down to a crawl every second or so.
The whole experience left a bitter taste in my mouth - thank goodness Nitro still exists.
Hi, are your sales still going well?