- RSS Channel Showcase 6807599
- RSS Channel Showcase 4585121
- RSS Channel Showcase 7373088
- RSS Channel Showcase 7239536
Articles on this Page
- 07/22/13--02:59: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 08/22/13--02:56: _Re: Qwak for iPad c...
- 08/25/13--14:02: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 08/25/13--22:19: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 08/26/13--07:13: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 08/26/13--07:38: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 09/07/13--23:10: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 09/14/13--14:01: _Re: Where did Retro...
- 12/11/13--22:11: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 12/11/13--22:30: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 01/24/14--22:27: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 01/24/14--22:28: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 04/12/14--09:35: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 05/23/14--04:40: _Re: Retro Racing no...
- 05/27/14--09:07: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 05/28/14--05:12: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 05/28/14--05:20: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 06/29/14--10:16: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 08/20/14--22:47: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 03/28/16--10:27: _Re: Retro Racing OU...
- 07/27/13--15:56: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 07/30/13--05:51: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 07/30/13--10:02: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 01/13/14--15:03: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 01/24/14--22:30: _Re: Retro Racing on...
- 07/22/13--02:59: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 08/22/13--02:56: Re: Qwak for iPad coming soon
- 08/25/13--14:02: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 08/25/13--22:19: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 08/26/13--07:13: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 08/26/13--07:38: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 09/07/13--23:10: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 09/14/13--14:01: Re: Where did Retro Racing go?
- 12/11/13--22:11: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 12/11/13--22:30: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 01/24/14--22:27: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 01/24/14--22:28: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 04/12/14--09:35: Re: Retro Racing on Windows and Mac
- 05/23/14--04:40: Re: Retro Racing now plays nice with iCade
- 05/27/14--09:07: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 05/28/14--05:12: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 05/28/14--05:20: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 06/29/14--10:16: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 08/20/14--22:47: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 03/28/16--10:27: Re: Retro Racing OUYA Sales and Stats
- 07/27/13--15:56: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
- 07/30/13--05:51: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
- 07/30/13--10:02: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
- 01/13/14--15:03: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
- 01/24/14--22:30: Re: Retro Racing on OUYA
Congrats, that's great! Are you planning on Gamestick too (as it it essentially it should just be a trivial port)?
Qwak on OUYA please!!! I see you`re considering it. I`d LOVE to buy that for my console! Congrats on some good sales. I wish you the best!
Just bought it but when i open it it doesn't respond and after abut 10 minutes of waiting it finally just pops open. Any ideas on why it doesn't open right away?
Hello, can you send me an Email about this please, and we'll sort it out for you. Thanks.
Loved Nitro, it was my first Amiga game (together with some others). The graphics were amazing, and in some way very deeply inspiring - they reminded me of some moment in my past that I may or may not have experienced, like a memory from 'beyond', when life was perfect. I also loved the playability, and it really expressed what the Amiga could do - funwise, that is. I still like to play it from time to time.
However, my financial status is such that I have been considering whether I can afford to order a certain DVD into my local library so I can rent it, or not, because it will cost 50 cents. I would be glad to support the author, but I don't even have a paypal account. I have made a small 'avoiding' type game, though it's not completely finished yet (but the main playability is, it can be completed and all).
My humble game is of course not worth even nearly as much as something like Retro Racing must be, but perhaps I could pay with my creations.. ah, never mind, I don't really want to use creations as a current anyway. Besides, I give away free anything I create, because the Universe has given me the ability, resources, energy, shelter, food, and everything else necessary to even make creations.. it is only fair that I give any results of that generosity back to the Universe, for everyone to enjoy.
Oh well, off to check out the demo, then .. I really wish poor people would be offered games for free.
Is the game really supposed to be so fast that it's practically unplayable? I think there's something wrong - the other cars zoom so fast that it takes them like 0.2 seconds to loop the track - they loop it about three or four times a second!
Would really have liked to play this game, but it's just completely uncontrollable, being so ultra-fast. Is there a way to slow it down? I could of course run it in VMWare or something..
Also, it doesn't let me choose 1920x1080, the resolutions stop at 1770 or something for some reason.
A minor gripe; the game doesn't have hand-pixelled graphics, so how can it be called 'retro'? I mean, completely computer-generated graphics are a very modern invention in games. Nitro had more atmospheric graphics, and more pleasing to the eye. These cold computer-graphics sort of leave me.. well.. cold. There's no personality. They look like automated cartoons instead of something that the graphician poured their finest self into!
I know coders who worship the possibility of letting the computer do the visuals, but to me, such graphics are disgusting, and I can't completely understand their enthusiasm about it. Why anyone would make such a choice is beyond me. Ok, practical reasons, like 'scalability', perhaps. But worshipping the modern things while claiming to be all 'retro' is kind of misleading and dishonest. Even this web page is as modern as possible, like it's trying to show off something, just making it slower and more a pain to use than it otherwise would be (I don't use very modern browsers). Even typing this text is slow and tedious, but I am not sure what causes it to slow down to a crawl every second or so.
The whole experience left a bitter taste in my mouth - thank goodness Nitro still exists.
Hi, are your sales still going well?
It's a great game. I also
Like that there is a track 19
Left in the game that you can glitch into. Please make
It an actual track in the game, at the moment it just locks up
After a while or the race ends when you go past the line at the start. But it's just a nice little weird bonus anyway, if you aren't going to make it a track please just leave the glitch in anyway as its a fun thing to have in there.
Is the game still free, or are you charging for the game as well?
Are the IAP 'extra cars' still $1? So does that mean you got $315 dollars, or around $13,500? A bit of a difference, eh?
I gave your game a 5-star review on IOS and rec'd on FB. Hope that helped!
Thanks for review and recommendations! Yeah, it was 315 sales (all downloads are free on OUYA, just pay for the IAP), and $5 per sale; which developers get 70% of. Sales have pretty much flatlined now, one or two a day, but I'm glad I ported the game to OUYA.
Hi Matt, yes, it's on Gamestick too.
Hi JC, yep, sales have slowed down a lot now; well in to the long-tail.
It would be great if I can accelerate the car with the "6" button on the iCade Mobile.
How do u buy the cars
Bought it today, Awesome. Lots of memories from an old time Amiga user.
For the OUYA version, there should be a single IAP to unlock all content (all the levels and all the cars).
If you could port Qwak to Android I'd love to have it. I've got one of your GBA carts and it's fantastic. I wish more people put that level of spit and polish into the simple things like they used to.
Don't bother with OUYA no one has it. Just do Android Qwak and an updated PC/Mac Qwak
Loved this game always hoping for more tracks and would pay!
I purchased Retro Racing today! Fun little game, please bring QWRK to OUYA, it would be great.
Only game I found worthy of purchasing on OUYA, yet. My family has been having a blast racing each other. What I'd love to see, rather than mid race power ups, is the ability to customize a car... collect coins mid race to purchase upgrades, etc. A track editor and online racing would make this game timeless.
Thank you for your efforts!
Thank you for your kind words! Yes, these are all good ideas, and hopefully will make it in to a sequel (along with a 4 player mode).
I used to be a R/C racer as a teenager. I would spent late nights and early morning with my dad as mechanic training and prepping for local races. I love the gameplay and point of view you guys created. Also kudos on not overdoing the power ups into a b.s show with missiles. Great work keeping it real and making great fun!
I humbly suggest:
Adding car customization
Being able to preview full circuit from above.
Ability of making car adjustments.
Car damage (maybe adding a power bar and some smoke?)
Release of higher level circuits in which players will need to have a specific amount of level to have access to.
This would make this a world famous R/C digital competition platform. I would easily pay $50 for it.
It is kind of magical to get back at this hobby with my old man. You guys have fans in Brazil!
Glad you like it JP! Hope the sequel down't disappoint! ;-)